Random Post

Jan 13, 2014

The Beat the Sweet Challenge!

Okay, it's official: I now need to come up with a month-long project every year. Two years ago it was the Techno Quaresma, last year was the memorable Data Month, and this year's is the...

BEAT THE SWEET CHALLENGE!

The rules are as follows:
  • Nothing sweet whatsoever. No candy, soda, sweet cereal, etc., obviously; but also no honey, sugar-free stuff, or anything that has more than 3 grams of sugar per serving (basically Grape Nuts and under). Fresh fruit is fine; juice and jam is not.
  • General healthiness-feeling, cravings, and energy levels will be documented daily. Weight would also be a fun thing to measure but I don't have a scale.
  • It will go for one month, starting January 13 at 11:59 AM. and ending on Valentine's Day at 12:00 AM.
  • Condiments, such as barbecue sauce, is fine as long as they're used sparingly.
  • Milk is fine, even though it has quite a few grams of sugar.
From certain podcasts and things I've listened to lately, it'll really be interesting to see what happens. Will I have loads more energy? Will I feel stronger, more resolute, determined, and aggressive? Will I lose weight? Sleep better? I'm anxious to find out.

Everything starts tonight. I'm partaking of my last pieces of sweetness during the day and having a soda to kick things off. Then the challenge begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and suggestions. Please comment with your thoughts!